63061 / 100000 words. 63% done!
Due to a number of circumstances this week, I’m just glad I made it as far as I did, even though I didn’t make quota. 5k of that 8k was written just this Sunday. And considering it was all new material as opposed to rewriting almost word for word, I’d say go me. I’ll try to make up the missed 2k this week or next week. We’ll have to see.
The novel has definitely reached that place where it’s mostly new material and turning out quite different from the original. That kind of happens when you add new characters and a love interest. I kind of like where it’s going, though, and obviously I got inspired Sunday. Seriously, I usually don’t do that kind of writing in one day, especially as tired as I’ve been this week.
Not complaining, since it brings me closer to the end. It is pretty cool that I’ve crossed 60k, which puts me well on track in the 10k/week average quota. I wish I were ahead rather than on track, but things sometimes get in the way. And it’ll all be accomplished eventually. I keep having to tell myself that. The story will end, and I’ll probably be sad, so I should enjoy it while I’m in it. Unlike the fairy tale remix, this story is a stand-alone, so there’s no coming back to it (except in another rewrite, I guess, and boy, I hope not).