90130 / 150000 words. 60% done!
After ten weeks, I suppose it isn’t a terrible thing to declare a word count amnesty. I told myself I only had to reach 90k this week rather than the 100k that I was hoping for (or the 95k that fulfilled my weekly assignments). We had another power outage on Tuesday, and that threw me off, since I had to make up for the school time I missed the rest of the week.
When I finished my speedbuilding practice on Friday and just felt too tired to write, even though I had at least 9k words left to write that weekend, I knew I had to give it up, otherwise it was not going to be an enjoyable weekend. I don’t make the assignments so that I can resent them; they’re just meant to give me a push.
So this week, I hope to get back on track and actually accomplish that 100k, which is amazing all by itself.
Today on my evening walk, I realized that in my initial planning, my grand finale was not going to work at all because my final cast of characters was all wrong. I think I’ve figured out how to fix it. I think it’s a good thing that my story can still surprise me. Keeps it fresh.
(Aside: I have a dwarf named Armen, and I keep typing it Arwen. It’s going to drive me crazy.)